The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here.
Are you interested in helping families cope better while living with dementia? Are you hard working, self-driven, empathetic and want to make a difference in someone's life? Would you like to be part of working within an interdisciplinary team, have a flexible schedule and option for remote work? Our Health Coaches work with families on overcoming the challenges that dementia often brings. They collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to enhance and improve quality of life for everyone involved. Come be part of a team that will make a difference. Come join Dementia Care Partners at Banner Sun Health Research Institute.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Research is at the leading edge in a new era of scientific discovery and innovation. Our basic and clinical research faculty turns ground-breaking research findings into new identification, treatment and prevention methods for diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Cardiovascular disease, Cancer and Orthopedics. We have an international reputation for our work and we provide outstanding access for patients to clinical trials. Our commitment to excellence allow us to make a difference in people's lives every day.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides a variety of client support functions which contribute to the overall improvement in clients' healthcare quality of life as well as efficient use of resources. Provides client care to promote client comfort and contribute to the overall client plan of care. This position is primarily focused on being a client advocate, cheerleader and support to the client and family. This position is responsible for on-going client data collection and documentation in the medical record.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Reinforce client's care plan and discharge instructions, medication adherence, vital sign data collection as needed and use of in home IAC tools.
2. Provides self-management support. Including but not limited to: using checklists and escalating as prescribed by protocols, promoting healthy behaviors, imparting problem-solving skills, and assisting with the emo!tional impact of chronic illness, providing regular follow up and encouraging people to be active participants in their care.
3. Applies the skills of motivational interviewing to promote the above lifestyle changes. Provides emotional support by showing interest, inquiring about emotional issues, showing compassion and teaching compassion.
4. Assists patients in navigating the health care system by connecting the client with resources, facilitating support and empowering the patient.
5. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the client's health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
6. Conducts client home environment checklist, provides list of gaps to licensed professional and works with the health care team to coordinate to close gaps/issues. Bridges gaps between the client and the clinical team including but not limited to following up with clients, asking about needs and obstacles, and addressing health literacy, cultural issues and social-class barriers.
7. Reinforces activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote client health, including maintaining an optimum level of mobility.
8. This position interacts with and support all levels of end users throughout the facility or specialty area, including technicians, nurses, therapists, and physicians. Internal Customers: All levels of management and staff, medical staff, and other healthcare members for the purpose of integrating services, improving client care, ensuring effective communication systems and facilitating decision making in clinical practice. External Customers: clients and families regarding client care issues. Physicians regarding client care and program development. Vendors in the implementation and modification of information systems.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. BLS required for all new hires to the position after July 19, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of July 19th must possess their BLS certification by January 1, 2016. Must possess diverse clinical knowledge and technology aptitude as normally obtained through the completion of a Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant or Community Health Worker program or Nursing students completing the first year of training.
Current C.N.A., CHW, or M.A. license in state of practice may be required in certain facilities and/or departments in accordance with regulatory requirements or facility/department policy. Working knowledge of medical terminology. Requires the maintenance of familiarity with clinical care processes and clinical technology and Electronic Medical Records.
Must have highly developed interpersonal and critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize needs rapidly. This position requires the ability to convey messages and thoughts clearly to a diverse audience, using both verbal and written mediums. Requires the ability to promote change among patients. Responsible, caring and respect for older persons. Requires the ability to coordinate information and activities, work under stress of deadlines and frequent interruptions, and to possess analytical problem solving skills. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required. Must be proficient in the use of system office applications. Must possess a basic understanding of integrated clinical systems. Provide own transportation, required to posses a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company's auto insurance policy.
Current BLS certification. Recent healthcare experience. Previous motivational interviewing skills preferred. Multilingual a plus.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5523
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.