Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
At Banner University Medical Center Tucson campus, there are exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, a Level 1 Trauma and Academic Medical Center in Southern Arizona and are on the cutting edge of medical advances. You will work alongside a group of dedicated physicians and staff that perform some of the most state-of-the-art procedures that exist anywhere in the country.
In this position as Registered Dietitian at Banner University Medical Center Tucson, you will provide nutritional care and recommendations specifically to our NICU population. Required for this position is a minimum of 1 year of work experience as an RD on a NICU, 3 years is preferred. You must be very familiar with feeding protocols and human milk fortifiers and creating recipes adding modulars/human milk fortifiers for meeting kcal/protein needs. Also, be familiar with weaning of TPN in NICU as oral or enteral feeds increase. CSP through the Commission on Dietetic Registration is preferred. Your experience must be in an inpatient setting within the past year.
This position offers 8 hour shifts with flexible morning start times, 7am-8:30am, Monday - Friday. Holiday and weekend rotation is required, 1-2 weekends per month. The Registered Dietitian positions offers a weekend schedule which is eligible for a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position manages a complex caseload of patients by providing comprehensive nutritional assessments and nutrition-focused physical exams, developing and managing all aspects of appropriate nutrition care plans and monitoring outcomes of plans. Provides patient and family nutrition counseling and education. Develops Nutrition Standards of Practice and Education material in collaboration with peers. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary Health Care team providing input into patient care policies, programs, quality improvement activities and provides in-service education in areas of expertise.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides comprehensive nutrition assessment of patients' nutritional needs, to include nutrition-focused physical exams as appropriate. Obtains timely and appropriate data and analyzes/interprets data based on evidence-based standards and established practice guidelines.
2. Demonstrates and maintains competency in enteral and parenteral clinical practice protocols and oral nutrition management standard of practice as demonstrated by successful completion of initial competency exams and ongoing evaluation.
3. Writes orders to initiate and manage the nutrition care and of all assigned patients including those receiving nutrition support (parenteral and enteral nutrition) per protocols.
4. Evaluates effectiveness of the care plan and communicates effectively to the other members of the healthcare team to provide optimal nutrition outcomes. Provides pertinent information in the medical records, patient plans of care and/or clinical pathways while meeting requirements of regulatory agencies (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS, State and Local Agencies).
5. Provides nutrition education to patients, families, staff and other health care team professionals through the development of effective teaching materials and in-service programs; Evaluates patient and/or family response to education.
6. Provides leadership in area of coverage, monitors proper patient care procedures and acts as liaison with nursing areas. May participate in process improvement teams. Serves as mentor to new staff and interns where assigned.
7. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities in clinical areas to ensure optimal nutrition care outcomes are achieved. May participate in outcome studies as needed. In some roles, this position may manage assigned staff: recruits, selects, trains, evaluates, manages performance.
8. This position interacts with patients, families, health care providers and nutrition and dietary staff in support of providing high quality nutrition assessment, care planning, delivery and measurement of outcomes. Position communicates effectively and provides education to ensure optimum nutritional care. Position works independently and provides guidance to nutrition services staff in the development of nutrition plans. Position may also provide community education.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Must possess knowledge of nutrition and dietetics demonstrated through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics. Must be a Registered Dietitian or RD Eligible (academic and professional requirements as defined by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association; RD credentials within 6 months of hire). Must hold current registration through the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association and be able to maintain ongoing registration while providing verification of registration annually. Maintains current licensure as required by State law.
Must be able to communicate effectively and function independently. Must be effective at prioritizing assigned patient case load.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or at Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R26494
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.