In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great options and great opportunities. Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Located just 45 minutes north of Denver, Northern Colorado offers trendy restaurants, a thriving retail sector, and endless cultural amenities. Between wildflower-filled meadows and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, you will find adventures by horse, mountain bike and boat plus, endless hiking trails and world class skiing.
Banner Hospice of Northern Colorado provides high-quality, comprehensive, and compassionate end-of-life care throughout northern Colorado in patient's homes, independent or assisted living facilities and skilled nursing homes. As a Registered Nurse Clinical Alignment Specialist, you will be an integral member of a team of care providers including a Medical Director, Nurse Practitioner, Social Worker, Chaplain, Nurse Aide and Bereavement Counselor, providing patient bedside care and Palliative rounds as well as building relationships with system partners. In this role, you will be a full time employee working Monday - Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm. You will do both office and home visits. Starting pay rate for this role is $30.00, up to $50.51 based on years of experience and education. There is also a sign on bonus opportunity of $5k!
Banner Home Care provides high-quality, compassionate team of professionals who are specially trained in a variety of fields. The care we provide focuses on assisting patients to achieve an optimum level of health and enhancing the quality of life in the home setting for patients. Our home care services are based on a physician's plan of treatment and designed to manage total care. We also educate patients and families to promote an understanding of the disease process, its prevention and treatment.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing ongoing information on Banner Homecare services and referral coordination for assigned program(s) and facilities.. Upon receipt of a referral, meets with patient/family, completes assessment, determines patient needs and assists with correct patient alignment of post-acute services. Assists branch operations in clinical coordination and communication with referral sources. Works in collaboration with Banner Homecare Admission Teams to facilitate timely admissions and further develop key accounts. Must have strong knowledge of governmental regulations, Medicare eligibility requirements, comprehensive understanding of potential care plan needs for the patient and coordination of necessary resources.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Develops and maintains contact with key hospital, skilled nursing, assisted living facility, discharge planning services, case management and clinical staff to provide ongoing updates on Banner Homecare services available in the market. Increase admissions within the assigned accounts and meets or exceeds targets.
2. Develops a Homecare presence within facilities. Provides education and/or continuing education programs for referral sources within guidelines of facility and company policy. Utilizes appropriate company resources to maintain and develop business opportunities. Maintains market awareness and prepares competitive updates as directed.
3. Maintains positive relationships with referral sources, facilitates communication between referral sources, patient and family populations within assigned accounts, and attends professional organization meetings as approved. Maintains and follows patients while in the facility.
4. Functions as liaison between referral source and Banner Homecare. Assesses needs of patient/family, assuring that clinical alignment is appropriate and securing appropriate post-acute resources.
5. For patients deemed appropriate for hospice, may conduct a full assessment and, if appropriate, inpatient admission according to the established protocol.
6. Ensures effective communication and collaboration with program staff and actively participates in weekly program business development meetings. Brings relevant data, reports, as well as information regarding changes within accounts and referral sources. Assists with new staff orientation and physician orientation program as directed.
7. Demonstrates competent professional practice, and engages in opportunities for professional growth. Identifies opportunities for and participates in performance improvement activities.
8. Works independently under general supervision. The position's customers are internal and external - Internal: Department Directors and other managers and staff involved with assigned program(s); External: physicians, physician offices, social workers, community-based organizations, and, in general, anyone who might refer a patient to the assigned program(s). This position requires making decisions related to patient care coordination throughout various facilities and with various specialty practices.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical care as normally obtained through the completion of a degree in nursing, healthcare or related field.
Requires a current, valid RN license in state of practice
This position requires the skills, knowledge and abilities in healthcare services sales and marketing typically acquired over three or more years of related sales experience and education. The work requires a high degree of organization, the ability to manage time and resources effectively, and the self-starter ability to work independently to achieve goals. Effective negotiation, conflict management, customer service and interpersonal relations skills are necessary. The ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and through common computer software is required. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred. C.H.P.N certification is highly desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.