Clinical Lab Specialist Lab Manager Full Time Days
Hi-Desert Medical Center
Location: Joshua Tree, California
Internal Number: 2005033711
Up to $20,0000 Sign-on bonus plus Relocation Assistance Available
Welcome to Hi-Desert Medical Center, where youâ��ll benefit from:
â�¢A 59-bed acute primary care facility offering you and your family first-rate health care close to home
â�¢A wide range of quality inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, home health and hospice services, and a variety of community outreach programs
â�¢A dedicated team of quality, caring, health care professionals
Responsible for all aspects of quality patient care in the Laboratory supervisory role.
Key Result Areas
The employee demonstrates accuracy, and reliability, and assumes responsibility for the quality of work performed.
Follows District rules and regulations maintaining appropriate licensure, certification, and authorization required for employment.
Follows all infection control regulations and uses standard precautions appropriately.
Uses proper body mechanics and safety equipment. Performs duties in a safe manner.
Follows all safety, fire and disaster regulations. Is knowledgeable about hazardous materials and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemicals used in the work area.
Reports safety hazards and injuries immediately to supervisor.
The employee works independently and requests assistance/direction when needed.
Assumes responsibility for a clear and orderly work area.
Dresses appropriately for work assignment as per dress code.
The employee makes good use of time and resources, and completes works assignments.
Appropriately and consistently uses the time keeping system and completes corrections in a timely manner.
Performs work in a cost efficient method. Uses District resources appropriately.
Meets or exceeds District rules on attendance and tardiness.
The employee meets or exceeds customer service expectations.
The employee pursues appropriate training opportunities to learn job related skills, policies and procedures.
1. Selects, trains/orients and assigns department staff. Contributes to the development of the District standards of performance, evaluates performance, and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions.
2. Develop department goals and objectives, and establishes and implements policies and procedures for department operation.
3. Develops and recommends department operating budget in accordance with department goals and objectives and ensures that department budget is used as a guideline for operations.
4. Directs the preparation and maintenance of department reports. Prepares periodic reports as required.
5. Maintains cap workload units established in budget through appropriate staffing patterns according to census on a daily basis.
6. Maintains communication, posting interdepartmental memos within 24 hours of receipt, distributing pertinent messages and checking for staff responses.
7. Completes orientation checklist with each new employee within 48 hours of hire. Maintains employee profile of each employee, assuring bi-annual renewal of certification and update of task inventory on an ongoing basis.
8. Maintains coaching for performance program with all employees submitting performance summary reports annually 2 weeks prior to the employeeâ��s review date.
9. Maintains positive demeanor in keeping with patient care philosophy.
10. Provides 24-hours a day availability or coverage for departmental supervision.
11. Acts as a role model to the Laboratory Staff.
12. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
13. Demonstrates competence in the care of neonatal, infant, adolescent, adult, geriatric and pediatric patients (when/if assigned to these patients) relative to determining each patientâ��s age-related and other physical, psychological and cultural needs and carrying out patient care activities.
14. Participates in hospital/medical staff committee meetings as required.
15. Ensures that department(s) operates within or above guidelines established by regulatory/review agencies.
16. Quality Management
Policy and procedure changes are defined and communicated in a clear manner.
Solicits appropriate information and feedback from internal and external customers to improve the performance of the division.
Can demonstrate at least one improvement of a department key function that was a result of a CQI process.
17. Interdepartmental/intradepartmental conflicts are resolved using a CQI approach.
18. Participates as a team member.
Establishes and maintains productivity standards of patient services delivery consistent with Hospice standards.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 25 pounds)
Manual dexterity and mobility..
Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment.
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment
Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens
Exposed to ordorous chemicals and specimens
Handles emergency or crisis situations
Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
Subject to many interruptions
5 years experience, previous supervisory experience.
Requires California licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Required Protective Equipment
Lab Coat or Apron
Non-Sterile Medical Gloves
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.