Duke Homecare & Hospice offers hospice, home health and infusion services. Hospice care is offered to terminally ill patients in their home, skilled-nursing facilities, assisted-living facilities, and at our two inpatient facilities located in Hillsborough and Durham, North Carolina.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Delivers pharmaceuticals, supplies, and equipment in safe, accountable manner.
2. Picks up sharps containers and disposes of biohazardous wastes according to established infection control procedures.
3. Visually inspects assigned vehicle daily for obvious maintenance problems (e.g., worn tires, cracked mirrors, signal lights not working, etc.)
4. Maintains assigned vehicle in clean and orderly condition, both inside and outside; informs supervisor of mechanical or safety problems.
5. Ensures that routine mechanical maintenance is performed on assigned vehicle.
6. Maintains current driver's license and current automobile insurance at required levels of coverage.
7. Participates in weekly and monthly on call schedule.
8. Handles customer complaints patiently and in a fair and empathetic manner.
9. Uses safe lifting techniques in loading and unloading equipment.
10. Accurately pull, package and ship medical supplies from packing lists/delivery tickets for patients.
11. Coordinates time sensitive deliveries to patients and healthcare providers using DHCH couriers, contracted couriers, and commercial carriers.
12. Maintains a positive relationship and understanding of the services provided by both Duke employed and contracted couriers.
13. May be required to perform various general warehousing duties, such as shipping, receiving, and general warehouse cleaning.
14. Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions generally acquired through a partial high school education. Completion of high school diploma strongly preferred
Work requires six months delivery experience.
Refer to the Duke University/DUHS official classification description for minimum requirements. DHCH preferred requirements are:
A valid North Carolina driver's license must be maintained with a good driving record free of restrictions. Previous customer service and delivery/shipping experience preferred.
May be required to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
Perform a variety of courier and delivery duties utilizing a motorvehicle as necessary to ensure the proper distribution of messages,mail, materials and supplies, monies and bank deposits to v arious areaswithin the department aswell as outlying locations.
Pick-up, sort and deliver incoming mail; met er outgoing correspondenceand packages, record postage charges to approp riate departmentalcomponent codes for billing; replenish postage in postage meter on an as needed basis.Maintain equipment and activity log to in cluderecordsof delivery activity, vehicle mileage, and other dispatchin formation.Maintain storeroom and other assigned areas in a clean and orderly manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions generally acquiredthrough a partial high school education.
Work requires six months delivery experience.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Valid NC driver's license.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.