Location: Port Jervis, New York
The Advanced Counselor serves as a member of the treatment team and is responsible for the coordination of treatment of all patients on assigned case load. Completes psychosocial evaluation; psychoeducational groups; participates in formulating patient treatment plan in conjunction with other team members; maintains adequate patient records; participates in discharge planning; performs screening interviews with prospective admissions when needed; maintains contact with referral sources during patient's treatment; supervision of interns. Participates in QA and outcome measures. Performs special projects as assigned.
- Performs complete screening evaluations for patients interested in entering treatment as needed.
- Performs concise and complete psychosocial assessment including clinical impression and plan for intervention.
- Utilizes OASAS Level of Care for Alcohol and Drug Treatment Referral (LOCADTR) tool to determine appropriate level of care and treatment.
- Provides individual, couple, family, and group clinical treatment as required.
- Works with patient/family to formulate and review treatment plan and goals.
- Uses individualized treatment approaches in dealing with needs presented by patients/families.
- Establishes appropriate discharge plans for the patient based on appropriate level of care.
- Makes appropriate referrals to adult protective services or child protective services.
- Seeks supervision when required for clinical work.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize supervision including recognition of transference and counter transference issues.
- Educates other hospital staff, staff at other agencies, patients, and community members about the range of behavioral health services available at Bon Secours Community Hospital and within the community.
- Demonstrates mission and values with patients, families, peers and other members of the health care team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
One year of chemical dependency experience preferred.
CASAC with Bachelor's degree or Masters Degree in Human Services
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.