Location: Port Jervis, New York
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) provides age-specific advanced primary nursing including health education, mental healthcare, addiction treatment, and communicable diseases, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. This position examines and assesses patients, performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, prescribing medications, and provides instruction and guidance to nursing and other health care professionals in their area of expertise.
* Collaborates with physicians and other healthcare practitioners to ensure that their patients receive appropriate, timely, and well-coordinated care.
* Records, reviews and interprets medical and social history of patients.
* Requests and evaluates diagnostic studies as indicated by the patient's physical status and protocols.
* Obtains materials for appropriate laboratory analysis and carries out selected laboratory procedures.
* Implements treatment regimen based on clinical evaluation and under the official protocols.
* Interviews and examines patients at appropriate intervals and revises medications if necessary.
* Administers immunizations and medications as required.
* Utilizes automated systems and specialized software to enter and retrieve data and prepare reports.
* May prescribe medications in accordance with established hospital procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Educate patients and staff on Medication Assisted Treatment and Harm Reduction Models.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Experience: Professional nursing experience preferred.
Education: Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program.
Licenses / Certifications: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate. Possession of a valid license and current registration, issued by the New York State Department of Education as a Registered Professional Nurse and possession of current certification as a Nurse Practitioner, with prescription writing privileges, issued by the New York State Department of Education in a specialty area of practice.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.