Location: Meridian, Idaho, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian, ID is seeking a Home Health Hospice Area Manager to join our Home Health/Hospice team to support the Treasure Valley and McCall.
The Home Health Hospice Area Manager is responsible for the day to day functions of the Home Health Hospice department. The position develops, implements and evaluates the operations plan for Home Health Hospice functions.
Position has department responsibility and may supervise managers and supervisors in multiple disciplines.
- Direct human resource initiatives; meet internal and external benchmarking staffing standards. Lead the recruitment and retention efforts for the unit/department.
- Direct and supervise others in the delivery of service/care.
- Collaborate with leadership and staff to promote the delivery of safe, effective and quality patient care and ensure standards of best practice are followed.
- Initiate and foster continuous improvement within department. Identify and resolve patient/customer satisfaction issues and complaints.
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing hospitals/area/service and practice/area/ service. Ensure that policy, procedures and standards are developed, implemented and maintained.
- Initiate and support the department's strategic plan within established guidelines.
- Communicate program priorities, policies, and procedures as it relates to the strategic growth to clinical and system leadership.
- Participates in establishing and maintaining communication between ancillary departments and physicians, nursing personnel and other health care professions.
- Develops operational plan in collaboration with each department's manager, for goals, measures and targets in alignment with the overall goals of the organization. Assists in the preparation and submission of annual operating budget.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelors' Degree in Nursing
- Experience: 7 years' of relevant experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current License from the State of Practice to include one of the following (RN, LCSW, LMSW, Resp Therapist, Occupation Therapist, Physical Therapist or Speech-Language Pathologist).
- Current BLS certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Treasure Valley
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.