**$3000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates**
This position is full-time M-F schedule, benefits within 30 days that include excellent PTO, paid holidays, Bi-annual clinic bonus potential, annual reviews, tuition reimbursement, mileage reimbursement along with opportunities for continued career progression! All clinical licensures and required CEU costs are covered.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The RN Palliative Case Manager coordinates care and provides initial ongoing nursing assessment of the patient and family needs and coordination of the patient’s plan of care with interdisciplinary team members and the palliative care attending physician.
This position is 90% field based in Las Cruces, NM, with 10% in the office or in Provider Offices for meetings. Office located at: 501 N. Yarbrough Drive
Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm, NO on-call but subject to change in the future.
- Provides ongoing assessments of the impact of life-limiting chronic illness on the patient’s physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs
- Consults and educates the patient / family and other caregivers regarding the disease process, pain and symptom management, end of life care and processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern
- Coordinates all patient / family services and prioritization of needs with the members of the interdisciplinary team
- Documents in the electronic health record progress toward established goals as per standards
- Uses the case management approach and refers to other services as needed
- Maintains a patient case load, daily visits and point of care documentation levels as per standards
- Participates with the on-call rotation schedule and weekends as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted New Mexico RN license or compact license
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical, hospice or hospital, rehab or long-term care setting
- Experience related to advanced care planning and discussions with patients / caretakers regarding end-of-life wishes
- Ability to perform procedures, to include, but not limited to wound care and dressing changes, phlebotomy and injections (B12, vaccines)
- Ability to conduct an advanced care discussion with a patient and their family and properly document their wishes in the electronic medical record
- Proficient computer skills
- Access to reliable means of transportation
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 2+ years of hospice / palliative experience
- Bilingual Spanish
- Proficient knowledge of palliative care and end-of-life symptom management
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.